Each bedroom in the residence halls comes equipped with a bed (extra long mattress), desk, desk chair and dresser for each student. Each room also has its own phone line, cable TV connection and computer connection unit. All residence halls provide wireless internet access as well. Students are responsible for furnishing their own telephone to use in their room.
All residence halls offer lounges for students to study and to socialize. They also include kitchenettes, vending machines and laundry rooms for students. The laundry rooms are equipped with large capacity front-loading washers and dryers. All machines are Energy Star Rated and allow students to do laundry more efficiently. The machines are operated on a card system and cost $1.25 per wash and $1.25 per dry. Cards can be purchased 24 hours a day. Students also have the option of purchasing laundry plans, which reduce the price per load.
Trowbridge Hall is a first-year community and is located on the west side of campus. Trowbridge is the largest residence hall on campus. Trowbridge Hall offers residents numerous gathering spaces and is a vibrant community. The large natural area in front of the residence hall is the perfect location for hanging out with friends at the picnic tables, grilling out, or relaxing with a book in a spot under one of the many trees.
- Double rooms with a connected shared bath. Each bathroom has a shower/tub combination. The bathroom is shared with the people of the same gender who live in the double next door.
- Double and single rooms with same gender community baths by wing (most rooms are this type).
- Two two-room triples with private bathroom shared by students of the same gender.
- All room furniture in Trowbridge Hall is movable, allowing students the opportunity to personalize their space.
- Each room comes with the following for each resident: bed with mattress (extra long sheets recommended), dresser, closet, desk, and desk chair.
- Beds have various height adjustments and can be bunked. Some students choose to build lofts.
- College owned furniture needs to remain in the rooms and cannot be removed.
Other information about Trowbridge Hall
- All floors are tile and students are welcome to bring area rugs or carpet remnants if they wish. However, the College does not permit the use of carpet tape on the floors due to the damage to the tile.
- Windows are double hung, double paned windows with built in mini blinds.
- All rooms have one cable TV connection and Ethernet ports (one per student) However, the entire building is also equipped with wireless computer capabilities.
- All rooms have one telephone connection with local telephone service. Students are responsible for bringing their own telephone. Long distance calls can be made with calling cards.
- Trowbridge Hall is equipped with a fire sprinkler system.
- Trowbridge has a kitchenette located on each floor (4 total) with stove, microwave and sink. The first floor has a second kitchenette with a microwave and sink.
- Trowbridge Hall has multiple lounges for studying and socializing. The main lounge has a large piano, a fireplace, and comfortable rocking chairs. The basement lounge is a TV lounge where many students like to gather to watch their favorite shows. There is also a pool table in a second basement lounge. There are additional study lounges on the first, second, and third floors.
- The laundry room is located in the basement.