Check your status.
Kalamazoo College uses a holistic review process to fully assess your candidacy for admission, thus all materials you submit will be considered. We encourage you to read the information below on how to apply so you can understand what makes a student a good fit for K and which application materials are required.
Contact your admission counselor?with any questions about the application process!
- Average GPA: 3.9
- ACT Middle 50%: 26-30*
- SAT Middle 50%: 1100-1350 (math and critical reading)*
- High School Curriculum: 91 percent of admitted students complete at least one advanced (AP, IB, Dual Enrollment) course in high school.
*Kalamazoo College has a Test Optional admission policy.
How to Apply: Required First-Year Application Materials
- Common Application, including the Common Application essay
- High School Transcript
- Counselor Recommendation and Secondary School Report
- Teacher Recommendation
- Mid-Year Report (once your seventh semester grades are available)
Additional Optional Components Include:
- ACT or SAT scores
- ACT school code: 2018
- SAT school code: 1365
- Arts supplement
- Kalamazoo College writing supplement
- Interview with an admission counselor or alumni representative
Binding Application Programs
- Open to all incoming first-year students, including international students
- Requires Early Decision Agreement Form in addition to all other?application materials
- Read more about our binding?Early Decision?I & II?application programs
Non-Binding Application Programs
- Early Action
- Regular Decision
|Program||Application Deadline||Notification Letter Mailed||Deposit Due|
|Early Decision||November 1||December 1||January 15|
|Early Action||November 1||December 20||Extended to June 1|
|Regular Decision||January 15||April 1||Extended to June 1|
|Early Decision II||February 1||February 15||March 1|
|Transfer Applicants||May 1||May 15||June 1|
Merit-based scholarship award notifications will be included with the offer of admission.